Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal discussion issue

Options
  • 23-04-2017 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭

I understand and agree with the rules on legal advice on the legal discussion forum.

However in the last few months I have noted one moderator positing a warning that no legal advice is allowed and the next post will be from another moderator closing the thread.

Can I suggest that the moderators discuss the matter among themselves as I do not like to see one moderator positing a thread warning nd the next post being another moderator closing the thread.

Thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi Ciar?n, you could have PMed one of us in relation to this issue - that's often the best way to get moderator attention as I'm not sure all mods follow this forum.

Anyway, obviously, if that's happening, it's not supposed to be but nothing more than an oversight I'd imagine. However, I'm not aware of any threads where this has happened - perhaps you might provide a link if you can?

I will raise this with my Co-mods in any event.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I've seen it a few times recently

I just saw it on the front page of the forum today and thought someone should be talked to.

I wasn't sure if the best issue was to pm a specific mod or to post in this general forum. I post

Here's one currently on the front page of the forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057731722

I didn't want to post a link to a single thread that I saw it occur in and I didn't want to go through the forum looking for links.

In this case the thread closure isn't the next post after the warning but there's no new posts of substance after the warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Those moderator messages coincided. They were both posted at 11.22pm on the 20th April 2017.

Looks like a case of one mod post crossing with another.

Not everything is spotted so maybe drop a PM or report the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Those moderator messages coincided. They were both posted at 11.22pm on the 20th April 2017.

Looks like a case of one mod post crossing with another.

Not everything is spotted so maybe drop a PM or report the post.

Wow I didn't notice that. I saw the first moderator message then saw the second one the next day.

Glad it's not one moderator overruling the other. Nevertheless whether it coincides or not it's a clear case of two moderators taking a completely different response to the one issue.

Im not saying one is right or the other is right just that the mod team should discuss the issue among themselves to improve consistanct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Glad it's not one moderator overruling the other. Nevertheless whether it coincides or not it's a clear case of two moderators taking a completely different response to the one issue.

Im not saying one is right or the other is right just that the mod team should discuss the issue among themselves to improve consistanct.

In this instance, it didn't matter because one moderator closed the thread and the other moderator did not reopen it, thereby acquiescing in the decision to close the thread.

It's a non-event, ultimately.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement