Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any male models among us??

• 23-04-2017 3:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

Well? Just curious about this line of work. Not saying I want to take the plunge myself but, would be interested to hear anecdotes from within the industry. The most important being - that it does actually exist - lol. A part of me in reluctant to believe a dude can get paid for looking pretty. Maybe it's just Irish culture but, I had always just assumed that was something exclusively obtainable by females. AmIRite??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

As long as you're not this particular male model, you should be fine :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

i was once an ass model for a weight loss ad, i was the before picture *

*may or may not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I was a merMAN!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I was a hand model once. I have deadly hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm a model citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

But why male models?

Yep.

The Guards are after me.

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Yep.

The Guards are after me.

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

Or to star in their next film.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Is this anything to do with the recent story of the "male model" who claims to have been catfished by his ex and made a cringy video auditioning for Ex on the Beach?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is plenty of male models just not a lot of big Irish ones.

Some just model male clothing and others do both male and female clothing like Andrej Pejic. There has been some other male models that also model both as well but he is the best known. So yes males can do pretty too just have to make the effort. A little bit of waxing and some make up also helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMmYPbbOd4&t=32s

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Is this anything to do with the recent story of the "male model" who claims to have been catfished by his ex and made a cringy video auditioning for Ex on the Beach?!

Hon Dano :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Winterlong wrote: »
    I was a hand model once. I have deadly hands.

My right hand never fails me, I haven't mastered the technique with the left though. Besides,even if I could use the left one for self pleasure,the Doctor Jekyll(in my mind)would accuse Hydey boy of infidelity and a fierce hullabaloo would ensue in the region between my ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

An ex-boyfriend was a male model. He was from Sweden, he did catwalk stuff and commercial stuff. Never heard anything too exciting from him about the industry, just that they had to eat well and keep in shape.

He was kind of a free spirit so i dont think he bought into the industry too much and just used it as an easy source of money. He also didnt have to watch his weight or anything as he was naturally slim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 SupaFlyTNT

Parchment wrote: »
    An ex-boyfriend was a male model. He was from Sweden, he did catwalk stuff and commercial stuff. Never heard anything too exciting from him about the industry, just that they had to eat well and keep in shape.

He was kind of a free spirit so i dont think he bought into the industry too much and just used it as an easy source of money. He also didnt have to watch his weight or anything as he was naturally slim.
    Easy money you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

SupaFlyTNT wrote: »
    Easy money you say?

Well its not rocket science really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had a fella called Eden Hazard here before. He used to have to carry Wet Floor signs with him everywhere he went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

OP, check out yesterdays Irish Times magazine, it features an androgynous male model, might interest you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Omackeral wrote: »
    Had a fella called Eden Hazard here before. He used to have to carry Wet Floor signs with him everywhere he went.

Incontinence is a terrible affliction, or so I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Boards was like the front row of a Daniel o donnell concert sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Waste of time. Only a handful of models make any decent income, most are female yes but plenty of males too. Its not even about being good looking per se, its a lot about who you know, your connections, and just chance a lot of the time.Id say it'll be very hard for you to establish a career tbh.
    Id also say the majority of models who are making decent income were scouted as teenagers and grew into their careers, Im guessing you're adult age, like 20+
    And as with most things Ireland probably doesn't have a huge modelling industry compared to many other larger nations

So yeh, few barriers ahead but good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Ive never even seen a post by this particular poster,maybe he was before my time on boards but gosh he gets some slack on here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I'm too sexy.

...for the catwalk ;-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

zoolandertime01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Went out with a model. He was grand.

Advertisement