Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallorca 312

Options
  • 23-04-2017 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Anybody heading over to tackle this Saturday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cats pyjamas

15 of us from Kilkenny heading over. Flying out Wed. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

About 15 from our club also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Best of luck to all of you! I did the Transtramuntana 3000 ( meters) in 2015...at 170k, that was enough for me! Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Great event did the 232 last year will give the 312 a whack this year assuming i make the time limit my travel companions have dropped out last min so will tackle it solo this year

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭borntobike

Doing the 312km solo with Sportactive. Done the Blackstairs yesterday to keep the legs turning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Exiled1

Super event. 6500 participants. Did the 167 after a hard week's cycling and survived well. Great that the weather was good. The highlight surely is the 12k descent into Soller on closed roads. The locals might not be happy about closed roads but it is cycling nirvana.

Did the 312 super event if a little brutal at times the 1st 3000m of climbing are bad enough it's the 1700 at the back end that really kill you character building I think.....

Did the 312 super event if a little brutal at times the 1st 3000m of climbing are bad enough it's the 1700 at the back end that really kill you character building I think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Didn't you do it twice? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cats pyjamas

Well done to anyone who did this, especially the 312.

Did the 167 myself. Tough day in the saddle but it was a great day and brilliantly organised. Training for next years 225 will probably have to start next week.

It was great to have a weeks cycling in warm weather (mostly), Mallorca is a beautiful place and ideal for cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭borntobike

Did the 312 and enjoyed it. Had a puncture in the Paris Roubaix section but other that day it went to plan. It is a good test.

Advertisement