Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job spain

Options
  • 23-04-2017 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys I'm hoping to relocate to spain in the near future but does anyone know what site to look for jobs on, south of Spain is where we are hoping to move to such as Malaga, Alicante or Almeria. I know jobs are hard to find and unemployment is high but we want to move for the lifestyle. Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

Chefb wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm hoping to relocate to spain in the near future but does anyone know what site to look for jobs on, south of Spain is where we are hoping to move to such as Malaga, Alicante or Almeria. I know jobs are hard to find and unemployment is high but we want to move for the lifestyle. Any help would be much appreciated!

We have been living in Ireland for 2 years and are moving back to Spain. Luckily my wife got a transfer else we would never make the move simply because work in Spain is a problem. We lived in Malaga before coming over here and I know what you mean about quality of life but Ireland is better for buisness/work. Unfortunately even the good paychecks here weren't enough to keep us smiling with the.

Good luck in your pursuit. We felt like you for a long time. Luckily our dreams have become reality and we are getting out of here. The Irish climate has made us feel pretty gloomy but other than that is a lovely country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is it better to apply from abroad, or better to just be there, and hope to secure something while there.

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is it better to apply from abroad, or better to just be there, and hope to secure something while there.

go there and look but be sure to have enough to sustain yourself until

armabelle wrote: »
    go there and look but be sure to have enough to sustain yourself until

Are you going back to Andalucia?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Are you going back to Andalucia?

Initially yes but we work from home so it doesn't matter if we are not in the office which is based in Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

I'll just chime in here as someone with Spanish friends and does work in Spain on occasion and who has looked at moving to Spain previously.

Andaluc?a is almost certainly one of the worst places to look for work in Spain, particularly the likes of Almeria (outside of the unemployment blackspots of Extremadura and Castille etc.). You're far better off looking in Catalonia, the Basque Country or Madrid and even then it's very difficult to find anything. Alicante is also pretty awful and the Valencia region as a whole is also pretty poor.

Also how's your Spanish OP? Unless you're up to a standard that allows for working you're ruling out a whole chunk of potential opportunities.

I realise this sounds negative but it's just worth flagging the difficulties of finding work in Spain. There's a reason there's huge numbers of Spanish graduates and young professionals in northern Europe.

armabelle wrote: »
    Initially yes but we work from home so it doesn't matter if we are not in the office which is based in Madrid

That seems to be my only realistic option.

I'll just chime in here as someone with Spanish friends and does work in Spain on occasion and who has looked at moving to Spain previously.

Andaluc?a is almost certainly one of the worst places to look for work in Spain, particularly the likes of Almeria (outside of the unemployment blackspots of Extremadura and Castille etc.). You're far better off looking in Catalonia, the Basque Country or Madrid and even then it's very difficult to find anything. Alicante is also pretty awful and the Valencia region as a whole is also pretty poor.

Also how's your Spanish OP? Unless you're up to a standard that allows for working you're ruling out a whole chunk of potential opportunities.

I realise this sounds negative but it's just worth flagging the difficulties of finding work in Spain. There's a reason there's huge numbers of Spanish graduates and young professionals in northern Europe.

Jolin. It seems like it's worse than I expected. The Basque Country? I never see many jobs advertised there....

Advertisement