Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid vs Barcelona - Match Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

It's a joke for Christ's sake.

I'm pretty sure AIG has a sense of humour.

Sorry, my bad... He gets a bit of stick (and often rightly so) so thought it was a personal dig. I'll shut up now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

lassykk wrote: »
    Sorry, my bad... He gets a bit of stick (and often rightly so) so thought it was a personal dig. I'll shut up now

I'm genuinely a pretty easy going person, happy to accept DDM's joke in good humour (it was pretty funny I must admit) and I appreciate that you meant well when you intervened. It's a good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Like Gav, my friend is also a member of the club. We've used Spanish Ticket Bureau a few times. Bit overpriced but you expect that cos it's a 3rd party site. Never been disappointed with the seats we've gotten though and thsir office is easy to find and based on La Rambla.

A over priced is expected. Like I was saying its more sitting together I was looking for. Good to hear its possible, can put a Barcelona holiday back on the calendar

jacool wrote: »
    Because if you want your team to win, you pass the ball to someone in a better position to score.
    Not stupid at all really.

It was stupid, you make it sound like it was a 2 on 1 not a really difficult chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For Barca tickets is it easier to get them at the ground? Depending on opposition too obviously, I know I'll be back there so will go to a game, but went a few years ago, was hard to get tickets together. attendance was then only like 60/70k in the end.

Yeah, rightfully so! To score your 500th Barca goal in the last second of an El Classico to win a game you, arguably, needed to win is as scriptworthy as you can get, especially if they win the title!

But as someone said, if Ronaldo done the same thing in the Nou Camp the context would be different for the neutral!

But in a way, it adds to the perceived personalities people associate them with which makes their rivalry that more intriguing.

I was just talking about this at the gym, If Ronaldo had done the same thing could you imagine the abuse he would get :pac:
    Cue Ronaldo scoring the winner in the next game and doing the same thing in Camp Nou and getting hit with a pigs head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

irishman86 wrote: »
    I was just talking about this at the gym, If Ronaldo had done the same thing could you imagine the abuse he would get :pac:
    Cue Ronaldo scoring the winner in the next game and doing the same thing in Camp Nou and getting hit with a pigs head

It wasn't just the goals Messi scored, he was unbelievable over 90 minutes. Leadership, passing, drawing players out of position with his dribbles, playmaking etc. He was the fulcrum everything went through, and drove every attack from deep to the Madrid goal

It wasn't just the goals Messi scored, he was unbelievable over 90 minutes. Leadership, passing, drawing players out of position with his dribbles, playmaking etc. He was the fulcrum everything went through, and drove every attack from deep to the Madrid goal

Not related to anything I said at all, cant say Im shocked

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »
    Not related to anything I said at all, cant say Im shocked

Of course it was related to the false equivalence you were trying to present between the reaction to Messi, and lack of rection in comparrison had Ronaldo done similar. Although I won't respond any further to prevent another thread derailment

Of course it was related to the false equivalence you were trying to present between the reaction to Messi, and lack of rection in comparrison had Ronaldo done similar. Although I won't respond any further to prevent another thread derailment

You wont react because like always your argument has zero foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What are you talking about!

Whether Messi had a poor game or not but still done that in the final second he would have got the same reaction from the neutrals (ie, what an image, what a legend)

whereas, if Ronaldo done it at the Camp Nou, had a good game or not, but scored in the last second to win the game, and headed to the sideline to troll the crowd with his jersey in the air he would have got a very different reaction, especially from people who have this wierd irrational hatred of the player!

That is the precise point being made! Not hard to understand!

What are you talking about!

Whether Messi had a poor game or not but still done that in the final second he would have got the same reaction from the neutrals (ie, what an image, what a legend)

whereas, if Ronaldo done it at the Camp Nou, had a good game or not, but scored in the last second to win the game, and headed to the sideline to troll the crowd with his jersey in the air he would have got a very different reaction, especially from people who have this wierd irrational hatred of the player!

That is the precise point being made! Not hard to understand!

Of course it's relevant. If you follow that logic further, he wouldn't be hailed as the player he is today if he scored 500 goals, but was generally quite over 90 minutes in games, which means the reaction probably wouldn't have been as great yesterday. What made the reaction so awe inspiring is that he put the icing on the cake after such a sublime performance. To paraphrase the reaction, "not only did he play a stormer, he done that TOO at the end of the game, what can't this guy do etc etc"

Of course it's relevant. If you follow that logic further, he wouldn't be hailed as the player he is today if he scored 500 goals, but was generally quite over 90 minutes in games, which means the reaction probably wouldn't have been as great yesterday. What made the reaction so awe inspiring ( :rolleyes: ) is that he put the icing on the cake after such a sublime performance. To paraphrase the reaction, "not only did he play a stormer, he done that TOO at the end of the game, what can't this guy do etc etc"

You are missing the point of my post, quite clearly to suit your own point.

I will put it simple.

If Ronaldo had done the same in the same context in the Nou Camp, people like you would berate him.
    Messi has done similar things before when he scores important late goals so it is not as if he was keeping it for a special occasion or doing it because he thought he had a great game.

I had no problem with Messi doing it, I thought it was a brilliant Picture which will adorn many a wall for years to come. But there would be a double standards if Ronaldo done the same.

Let us be honest, you hate Ronaldo and no matter how influential a game he has, if he done that, you would berate him.
    And the fact you are even putting out these posts defending Messi's right to do it (and I had no problem with him doing it!) whilst hinting at reasons why Ronaldo wouldn't/shouldn't get such a positive reaction by media/neutrals/Ronaldo haters despite him having broken just as many and more records than Messi in the sport is evidence of the original point.

In essence: Messi scores winner in El Classico at Berneabau and celebrates exuberantly in front of the home fans: iconic image, "awe inspiring", legend
    Ronaldo scores winner in El Classico at Nou Camp & celebrates exuberantly in front of the home fans: arrogant, "all about him", 1diot, showman

I agree the 500th landmark made the goal extra special as did his brilliant display, but Ronaldo can have a similarly devestating influence on games, an influence you choose to ignore, despite logic, but he will never get the same emotional adoration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the designated away supporters for the Bernabeau in the higher tier of the stand Messi was facing? Perhaps the Jersey was raised at them?

• Advertisement

I will put it simple.

If Ronaldo had done the same in the same context in the Nou Camp, people like you would berate him.
    Messi has done similar things before when he scores important late goals so it is not as if he was keeping it for a special occasion or doing it because he thought he had a great game.

I had no problem with Messi doing it, I thought it was a brilliant Picture which will adorn many a wall for years to come. But there would be a double standards if Ronaldo done the same.

Let us be honest, you hate Ronaldo and no matter how influential a game he has, if he done that, you would berate him.
    And the fact you are even putting out these posts defending Messi's right to do it (and I had no problem with him doing it!) whilst hinting at reasons why Ronaldo wouldn't/shouldn't get such a positive reaction by media/neutrals/Ronaldo haters despite him having broken just as many and more records than Messi in the sport is evidence of the original point.

In essence: Messi scores winner in El Classico at Berneabau and celebrates exuberantly in front of the home fans: iconic image, "awe inspiring", legend
    Ronaldo scores winner in El Classico at Nou Camp & celebrates exuberantly in front of the home fans: arrogant, "all about him", 1diot, showman

I agree the 500th landmark made the goal extra special as did his brilliant display, but Ronaldo can have a similarly devestating influence on games, an influence you choose to ignore, despite logic, but he will never get the same emotional adoration.

Surely that is the crux of the point, Ronaldo will never be able to do that in a similar context, because he'll never put in the impressive 90 minute shift to go along with the goal. It's an attitude that culminates over time. Neutrals would be far more ready to gush Ronaldo with praise and forgive him for his misdeeds, if he continually impressed over 90 minutes. Neutral aren't impressed watching a match because of what stats on wikipedia say while watching a limp performance, what impresses people watching the match and makes them lose their **** is what they can see there and then, and Messi regularly conjures up magic that people can't help but smile at. That can't be measured and of course will make the neutrals warm to Messi. Ronaldo's greedy attitude and stat hunting isn't half as impressive to watch, and of course if you're a greedy player and then celebrate in a manner making it all about you, the reaction will be less forgiving

Turtwig wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the designated away supporters for the Bernabeau in the higher tier of the stand Messi was facing? Perhaps the Jersey was raised at them?

I thought that also to be honest. But I was "convinced" otherwise when I said that. That would make much more sense.

There seemed to be a scatter of Barca fans in amongst all tiers where the home fans are regardless. In dazed ecstasy, Messi captures the sight of these raised distinctive flags and jerseys and although the majority may be white, at that moment in time only the Barca colours will stand out.

Anyway, It's a superb image.

Surely that is the crux of the point, Ronaldo will never be able to do that in a similar context, because he'll never put in the impressive 90 minute shift to go along with the goal. It's an attitude that culminates over time. Neutrals would be far more ready to gush Ronaldo with praise and forgive him for his misdeeds, if he continually impressed over 90 minutes. Neutral aren't impressed watching a match because of what stats on wikipedia say while watching a limp performance, what impresses people watching the match and makes them lose their **** is what they can see there and then, and Messi regularly conjures up magic that people can't help but smile at. That can't be measured and of course will make the neutrals warm to Messi. Ronaldo's greedy attitude and stat hunting isn't half as impressive to watch, and of course if you're a greedy player and then celebrate in a manner making it all about you, the reaction will be less forgiving and why shouldn't it be?

sigh.

I'm not playing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Hang on, the winning goal was more about Sergio Busquets than Messi :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

C-L80XqXUAACkUG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hang on, the winning goal was more about Sergio Busquets than Messi :pac:

It was Sergi Roberto who made the run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Turtwig wrote: »

The away end is usually just the highest tier in the north east corner (between the main tv camera stand and behind that goal) directly up from the corner flag. Messi is facing them as he turns around and gets booked and why for many of their previous goals in that end they go over to that corner flag.

I will put it simple.

I think we both know he really doesnt understand what were talking about, it could be the big words used

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement