Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas for camping stove

Options
  • 23-04-2017 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I bought a basic camping stove last summer but I haven't used it yet.

I will be using it soon on our next camping trip and just recently got a gas barrel for it. I'm not sure if I got the right type of gas for this stove.

The fella I bought it off was very certain but that obviously mean much!

Should I get a smaller gas barrel? Any help would be much appreciated! 😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ZigOrZag

Photos attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could get a smaller Camping Gaz refillable canister. They are blue.

The one you have is not really portable and is way too big for your needs.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Sorry for this OP but LOL the gas bottle probably cost at least twice the price of the stove.

With a Jumbo Clip-on Gas Regulator that will work fine but as mentioned is a bit large. As a comparison we use the same size gas bottle every day for cooking at home on a gas hob (electric kettle, toaster, oven and grill) and the gas bottle lasts at least 3 months. You'll use more gas when camping but even so that bottle could still have gas in it when the stove has long rusted away.

The smaller Blue Camping Gaz refillable bottles are a much better option but not as readily available here. Perhaps the easiest place to get them is Halfords although the price iirc is a bit steep to buy the first bottle and of course you'll need a different regulator.

Empty cylinder that you'll need to find someone to exchange/fill from Halfords http://www.halfords.ie/camping-leisure/camping/camping-cooking-equipment/campingaz-907-empty-cylinder much more managable size but you should find them cheaper. There are also smaller Camping Gaz cylinders. Try places that do caravan stuff or even the shops for caravan parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

That is a small cylinder, not the same as the domestic one. If you have room to pop it in the boot of the car you'll be fine. Smaller cylinders will be more expensive in the long run.
    I use the normal 13kg domestic cylinder when camping unless I am trying to be very light in which case I use ...
    291036?$pm_large$ or similar and ..
    136501?w=637&h=403.

Advertisement