Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless phone upgrade.

Options
  • 23-04-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Vodafone recently fitted their new 5G lightspeed broadband in our house. They then supplied a pair of new cordless phones that plug straight into the modem.
    The phones are fairly basic, no missed call details, no answering machine etc.
    We'd like to upgrade to better phones, but want to make sure they'll work on the new set-up.
    Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement cordless phone, single or twin, with answering machine facility?
    If not, what key words should we look for when Googling 'cordless phones' ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoldenJack

Maybe VOIP cordless phones? 
    That's what I came up with...
    Prices range from 35€ to over 300

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

GoldenJack wrote: »
    Maybe VOIP cordless phones? 

For a domestic setup? The telephone port that phone and cable TV companies supply is typically an analog phone line, not VoIP. Plug any old tone dial phone into the port, if you hear a dial tone then you have an analog line.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tony glenn wrote: »
    Vodafone ...... supplied a pair of new cordless phones that plug straight into the modem.

Are you sure that 'sold you' would not be more appropriate than 'supplied'? Virgin Media also offers a cordless phone when you taker their phone service but you have to pay for it. I can't see the sense in Vodafone simply giving everyone a pair of cordless phones unless they ask for and pay for them. For my money, a lot of people would ready have a cordless setup and don't necessarily want a new model, especially if it's as basic as you've described.

Advertisement