Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Roebuck Castle Accommodation like?

Options
  • 23-04-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Thinking of living in Roebuck Castle Accommodation in UCD next year. I've a few queries regarding it, so if you've lived there I'd appreciate some feedback.

What's it like socially? From my experience UCD campus hasn't been great socially. I've heard Roebuck Castle is great socially because of the communal living/eating aspect.

Where can these meals be eaten? I've heard you get vouchers that can be used anywhere on campus, does this include the Clubhouse carvery dinners for instance? And can breakfast be bought in the Roebuck Castle residence?

What kind of students stay there? Are they mostly first years, older years or post grads? Mostly Irish or International? Mostly studious or good craic?

Did you enjoy living there? Would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

MrYlad wrote: »
    Thinking of living in Roebuck Castle Accommodation in UCD next year. I've a few queries regarding it, so if you've lived there I'd appreciate some feedback.

Hey! Was an RA in Roebuck, so have a lot of experience with Castle.
    What's it like socially? From my experience UCD campus hasn't been great socially. I've heard Roebuck Castle is great socially because of the communal living/eating aspect.

It's a terrible place socially, mostly because the rooms are so self contained. Additionally, due to the meal plan almost no one cooks, so the common rooms are empty most of the time.

Would recommend Merville/Belgrove for a place where you actually hang out with your roommates.
    Where can these meals be eaten? I've heard you get vouchers that can be used anywhere on campus, does this include the Clubhouse carvery dinners for instance? And can breakfast be bought in the Roebuck Castle residence?

Meals are in the Roebuck restaurant. Breakfast can be had, I believe, but don't quote me on that.
    What kind of students stay there? Are they mostly first years, older years or post grads? Mostly Irish or International? Mostly studious or good craic?

Mix of all the above mostly. Due to the cost, many internationals choose castle. Additionally a lot of Ad Astra choose it. It's probably more studious than most but due the the density of the accommodation I wouldn't call it quiet.
    Did you enjoy living there? Would you recommend?

Didn't live there myself but wouldn't see myself enjoying it.

Advertisement