Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying back your old rifle

Options
  • 23-04-2017 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

So here's a question. Has anybody ever regretted selling their rifle and bought it back again?

If so, is it just a simple case of submitting a FCA1 ticking the box "I have held a certificate for this firearm in the previous 3 years"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Yes I sold a T3 Tac 2 years ago and subbed it for an air rifle of all things. Regretted it straight away. I bought it back 2 months ago and filled out the FAC1 that I held the licence in the last 3 years. When I got the new license the old one would have still been in date if I hadn't sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭LONG DRAG

Sold a Styer Sout 243 , two weeks later done a deal with my RFD and got it back, and never looked back.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

alanmc wrote: »
    So here's a question. Has anybody ever regretted selling their rifle and bought it back again?

If so, is it just a simple case of submitting a FCA1 ticking the box "I have held a certificate for this firearm in the previous 3 years"?

yep it is as simple as that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just done it recently. A Savage rifle i sold years back. Don't get to use the "i've held a license for this in the past three years", but in such a case and if it's within the 3 years then that is all you do.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I sold my Kk200. Biggest mistake ever. Would buy it back in a heartbeat if I knew where it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

LB6 wrote: »
    I sold my Kk200. Biggest mistake ever. Would buy it back in a heartbeat if I knew where it was

A really nice rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Yeah :'(

Advertisement