Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell revenue/local council after selling house?

Options
  • 23-04-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

If I sell my house, my PPR, and not make any profit or capital gains do I still have to fill in a form to revenue declaring the sale? Or to my local council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You solicitor will deal with this.

There is no tax (other than stamp duty) on you principal private residence, even if you make a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Victor wrote: »
    You solicitor will deal with this.

There is no tax (other than stamp duty) on you principal private residence, even if you make a profit.
    But isnt it the buyer that pays stamp duty?
    I just thought I read somewere that I have to fill in some sort of form if I sell my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

The buyer pays the stamp duty - Revenue will obtain all the details of the sale from the stamp duty return which is submitted by the purchaser's solicitor. There is no for for a seller to submit, but all details will be given to revenue in the stamp duty return - pps number, sale price, lpt details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Ok thanks. Thought I would have to fill in a form also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

He will get your PPS number and all necessary bank details, also details of every mortgage provider who has an interest in the property. All details of local charges and taxes paid will be looked for. I had to get a declaration from the council that NPPR, a local tax payable on second houses, was not due on my mothers house when I sold it in 2013.

Basically if you are selling with the aid of a solicitor he will remind you of all your duties taxwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement