Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP/ Rent allowance

Options
  • 23-04-2017 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

So when you get accepted onto local housing list, and then find a house you would like to rent, how long does it take for rent allowance to actually come through? I've had a friend tell me that she has been living in a house for 6+ months and rent allowance still hasn't come through

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So when you get accepted onto local housing list, and then find a house you would like to rent, how long does it take for rent allowance to actually come through? I've had a friend tell me that she has been living in a house for 6+ months and rent allowance still hasn't come through

varies from area to area. I am in Galway and as they made errors it took over 2 months and that was when I did not have to be on the council list

when I was in Cork, waited 6 months for the council visit but in Kerry when they knew I did not need that, was almost immediate . Each area is different.

Advertisement