Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how start a campaign to educate how to recognize a cycle lane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Only two weeks ago I was on the cycle path on Andrews St., tourists blocking the whole thing. I rang my bell plenty of times and weaved around them. At the end of the lane a Garda stepped out to stop me and ask me what I was doing. I explained the obvious to him, which he didn't like.
    He then accused me of bumping into someone, which hadn't happened, and I told him so. At this point he told me to get off the bike.
    I walked 2 metres away and got back on. Complete waste of both our times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

smacl wrote: »
    Hmmm. Haven't seen a controversial lance involved in cycling for awhile so this could be the moment;

bikejousting-lg.jpg

Let's not forget N+1

kq9n14tdwb6x0jfoplwl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Regarding the posts about the Phoenix Park, i've always thought it would be better having the bike lane swapped with the inner running track as people getting out of cars after parking (+kids) make the current set up dangerous. Does anyone know if this was ever considered?

It would be completely unworkable (but there's no running track, it's a footpath). I think people just have to accept it for what it is at this stage, a cycle lane perfectly fine for dawdling around the park with the assumption you will have people on it at some stage.

Advertisement