Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lexlip / Woodside Leixlip

Options
  • 24-04-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello all,

Any opinions on Woodside Leixlip or Leixlip in general? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

Leixlip is great .Never heard of Woodside !I googled it and I see it's down the tail end of Confey .Thats a one km drive over bad , slow ,speed humped roads .Very isolated on edge of the town whether walking or driving .Bus MIGHT go half way down but still a walk to itv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I do deliverys around there, Captains Hill can be a nightmare with school traffic. Woodside is pretty quiet area. You won't be walking to the shops in a hurry but there is a good little shopping center at the entrance to Riverforest estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Leixlip has 2 parishes, Confey and Leixlip. Woodside is in confey. Not a bad town but recent years has seen it look very dull. Maynooth and Celbridge nearby are better towns for shops, grabbing a coffee, nicer main streets.

Woodside is a long walk to any shops buses and trains etc and especially long to Leixlip village. It's right beside secondary school though so that has its pro's and cons I suppose. Look at a few other places in Leixlip and North Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Similar question about woodside,

We are looking at a house there, the distance doesnt concern us, but what about having the confey community collage at the end?

Does it add alot of extra traffic or is there 2 enterances to the collage and the one in woodside is only for staff? and school drop offs are elsewhere?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

brightkane wrote: »
    Similar question about woodside,

We are looking at a house there, the distance doesnt concern us, but what about having the confey community collage at the end?

Does it add alot of extra traffic or is there 2 enterances to the collage and the one in woodside is only for staff? and school drop offs are elsewhere?

Thanks

Confey parking is really staff only but yes you'll have traffic for the start and end of the day from about 830-915 and 315-4. It's not especially difficult to get out of the estate except if it's raining or a bus breaks down or something. I've lived beside a primary school which was way worse

The Dublin buses drop students at the turning point. The school buses and a lot of parents drive down to turn in the school grounds themselves. Students are allowed to leave the grounds at lunchtime but that doesn't really have an impact on traffic and I believe they have a canteen from last year which has meant less students leave

• Advertisement
Advertisement