Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Christmas Party

Options
  • 24-04-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

I always get landed with organising the Christmas party and its that time again. We are a group of about 30, so if we dont organise something around now, we get left with very little choice.
    Looking for suggestions. I was thinking one of them big partys, where loads of different companies mix. Anyone tried this?
    Other than that, any recommendations of nice restaurants?
    Any other ideas that went down well?

I absolutely hate the thoughts of talking about Christmas, but we've left it before and it was a nightmare trying to get somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mel123 wrote: »
    I always get landed with organising the Christmas party and its that time again. We are a group of about 30, so if we dont organise something around now, we get left with very little choice.
    Looking for suggestions. I was thinking one of them big partys, where loads of different companies mix. Anyone tried this?
    A previous employer did this a few times. It tends to work well. It's a bit like being at a wedding; people stick with their own company, but there are enough people in general filling a big room to create a good atmosphere.

I can of course depend on the age group. If half of the company is under 30, then they're going to want a quick meal and a nightclub. If most people are over 30, they'd probably prefer a nice meal and then just taking a function room above a pub to drink and chat, rather than a dark and noisy nightclub.

Doing "something" can also work quite well; one company took us to a comedy gig after dinner, which worked out well.

Advertisement