Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre To The Home Fair Usage Policy?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ok, so I got the 1000mb package.

i run a Video and Audio editing business from my home as a second stream of income. I previously was with Virgin Media on their 360mb package and regularly had very large monthly upload and download patterns.

I EXPLAINED THIS TO THE AGENT WHEN I BOUGHT IT (NEVER INFORMED OF A FUP)

Presently I am on month 2 which means that I am availing of the discounted part of my plan. I recently sail over the 1000mb usage quota (NEVER INFORMED OF A FUP). The bill I got will simply put me out of business.

I read all the advertisement that said UNLIMITED.

The usage is calculated in a COMBINED UPLOAD AND DOWNLOAD, with my business on the upload alone I am going to be screwed.

I left Virgin for 2 reasons, speed, but primarily to support Irish, and here I am being rolled over and done from behind. 

I am intending to visit the office of the Minister for Communications this morning https://denisnaughten.ie/contact/ in order to raise this issue on the following grounds

1 . Grossly misleading advertising
    2.  Unfair business practices (in relation to manner of which it was sold to me on the phone - ie. never informed of a 1000mb limit)
    3.  Price gouging

It is simply time that EIR take their heard out of their arses and realize that in the real world, people have real-world usage requirements, and cut out this sharp practice.

I shall also be engaging my solicitor later today in order to have me released from my contract, As of yesterday, I have made a copy of ALL OF MY PHONECALLS TO EIR (WHICH I RECORDED) TO HIM.

EIR YOU NEED TO REALISE THAT HONESTY IN YOUR SALES PROCESS IN RELATION TO THIS MATTER IS AS SCARCE AS HOBBYHORSES ****E.

I sooooooo look forward to returning to Virgin Media

Rory
    You are lucky that you can go back to Virgin Media and enjoy proper unrestricted broadband. The rest of us will have to wait for Sky or some other provider to offer a much higher FUP or no FUP at all, because a 1tb FUP is not fit for purpose, it's set far too low but as soon as an unlimited provider does arrive, I'll be looking at my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 grimgriefer

Gonzo wrote: »
    You are lucky that you can go back to Virgin Media and enjoy proper unrestricted broadband. The rest of us will have to wait for Sky or some other provider to offer a much higher FUP or no FUP at all, because a 1tb FUP is not fit for purpose, it's set far too low but as soon as an unlimited provider does arrive, I'll be looking at my options.
    I moved to Sky during my cooling off period and so thankful I did. Hammered the broadband and not had a single issue or request for more money.

Shame on Eir for adopting this stance on fooling their customers and I hope Rory et al take them to the cleaners over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

I just want to echo everything of the above has happened to us. Waiting patiently for years for the magic wire to be run down our road and despite having to jump through hoops to have it happen, we eventually got there. My son is in Uni at the mo and was waiting also to get some serious work done from home (comp. programming, heavy stuff!!!) At last decent Broadband.

Well, 2 months in and 2 months of excessive bills (extra €100 each month) we are having to reassess as I cannot continue these charges.

What frustrates me is that I had explained all of this before we transferred over and no red flags were raised, unlimited is unlimited, it was pure deception of the highest order and they did not even bat an eyelid.

30+ years we have stood by them, for same reasons as above, Irish, one of ow, etc , fools are we but no more…

Advertisement