Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgements query

• 24-04-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

I was discussing with a friend about Searches when purchasing a house in regards to judgements against his name from an old debt, that he was told was gone.

He has done a credit check through ICB and his credit rating is all clear and has got approval for a mortgage and gone sale agreed.

However, he is slightly concerned that a judgement may show up against his name, although he has never had any correspondence in relation to this.

I was sure he could search for judgements against his name online as I assumed I had heard about this before.

So my question is, for peace of mind, can anybody do a searches on themselves or must it be a professional legal representative? And if so, how can this be carried out?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Google [name] + solocheck would be the first port of call.

I think you may have to pay for a report but it's not much for peace of mind. Depending how stingey the person is, there may be cheaper alternatives to solocheck but I have always found that site easy to use and reasonably accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Google [name] + solocheck would be the first port of call.

I think you may have to pay for a report but it's not much for peace of mind. Depending how stingey the person is, there may be cheaper alternatives to solocheck but I have always found that site easy to use and reasonably accurate.

Thanks Hullaballoo. I always assumed Solocheck was for checking in relation to companies and directorships etc and you couldn't check individual records?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thanks Hullaballoo. I always assumed Solocheck was for checking in relation to companies and directorships etc and you couldn't check individual records?

I believe they have a judgement database too.

not sure if that's exclusive to judgements against companies and directors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Hi Fred,

He is the buyer of the home and was told that his solicitor is obligated to do Searches on him. Does that make sense or has he got the wrong end of the stick?

• Advertisement

Thanks Fred, appreciated.
    In your experience, do you believe that the Solocheck report is thorough enough to ease his mind?

Advertisement