Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Training/courses

Options
  • 24-04-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been messing about with computers since the days of Dos & Win 3.11 & have self-taught myself to the point of building my own PC's and have become the family/friends/neighbours Mr Fix-it for all things computer :P

I don't have any qualifications other than attendance certs for a few evening classes over the years & would like to get a formal qualification that would update & consolidate and obviously expand on what I have already.

This is one course that caught my eye: DKIT

It's not cheap, but it seems to be what I need to move forward in formalising what I'm doing and maybe even start charging a few bob!(or even apply for a job :p)

Any opinions on the course - good, bad, too much?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

Its not a bad course, and perhaps you would use this course as a spingboard to do other courses at DKIT. if so good stuff.
    As a standalone course i would instead recommend one like this below.

CompTIA A+ Certification

I would suspect the comptia cert would be more recognisable outside of dundalk. However if you think you can get your foot in the door somewhere with the DKIT one, or if you plan to continue your studies i can see the wisdom in going for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Hi OP

Its not a bad course, and perhaps you would use this course as a spingboard to do other courses at DKIT. if so good stuff.
    As a standalone course i would instead recommend one like this below.

CompTIA A+ Certification

I would suspect the comptia cert would be more recognisable outside of dundalk. However if you think you can get your foot in the door somewhere with the DKIT one, or if you plan to continue your studies i can see the wisdom in going for that one.

Appreciate the prompt, informative reply ;)

Found this one in Southern Regional College

CompTia A+ so should be what I'm looking for!

Thanks again

Advertisement