Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N15-New 50kmh zone at Gorevan's

Options
  • 24-04-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

As the title says-just a heads up! I didn't notice until told-and was a regular spot for speed van when 100kmh...so now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

scooby77 wrote: »
    As the title says-just a heads up! I didn't notice until told-and was a regular spot for speed van when 100kmh...so now?

Was there not road works around there some time ago, I thought this was the reason for the reduction which has been in place since Jan/Feb. No harm either way, always a bit wary passing through that junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Thats for sure, talk about a "black spot" if ever there was one.

Is this a permanent reduction?
    I know where Gorevans is, but from where to where is the 50kmh?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Thats for sure, talk about a "black spot" if ever there was one.

Is this a permanent reduction?
    I know where Gorevans is, but from where to where is the 50kmh?
    From just north of creevykeel car park to c. 1 km North of Cliffony. New signs, seems permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Speed camera van was there this evening.

There is a bay area almost immediately after the 50kph on the left going towards Sligo..

There should be warning signs regarding the new change. Cars will slam on the breaks and cause serious crashes imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EireGrif

Sereval of crashes there for years. Now I called this "ghost village"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

T-Bird wrote: »

There is a bay area almost immediately after the 50kph on the left going towards Sligo..

There should be warning signs regarding the new change. Cars will slam on the breaks and cause serious crashes imo.

Surely the 50kph sign is warning enough. Its off the slightly larger type sign, not the little one, so can be seen from a little further back. Although 60 would probably have made more sense, or an 80 approach to it.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Surely the 50kph sign is warning enough. Its off the slightly larger type sign, not the little one, so can be seen from a little further back. Although 60 would probably have made more sense, or an 80 approach to it.

Agreed, it should be like Cliffoney perhaps. my point was really about the suddenness of it and a van there already. A lot of people myself included could have been driving that stretch for years and now a new unexpected change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Agreed, it should be like Cliffoney perhaps. my point was really about the suddenness of it and a van there already. A lot of people myself included could have been driving that stretch for years and now a new unexpected change.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.4290886,-8.4567556,3a,75y,70.48h,80.06t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snuoxK2yPkQ8VPNosgYfZqw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

It was 50 in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

? That's Cliffoney.

Thanks, just spotted my mistake, I thought Gorovans was in cliffoney, but when I looked it is further along the road, and indeed in a 100 km area

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.4385269,-8.4355011,3a,75y,8.41h,86.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1svLR2INF75esDlTmTGmSxdQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

There is a 200m warning sign of the 50km zone but in general agreed. People hit the breaks even if theyre comfortably below the limit...

Although... can a speed van sit in a 100km zone though and do someone in a 50km zone though?

overshoot wrote: »
    There is a 200m warning sign of the 50km zone but in general agreed. People hit the breaks even if theyre comfortably below the limit...

Although... can a speed van sit in a 100km zone though and do someone in a 50km zone though?

:o Yeah I probably did not see the warning sign. But the Van was in the 50K area. I haven't been up there since Monday but will check next time (if I remeber lol).

:o Yeah I probably did not see the warning sign. But the Van was in the 50K area. I haven't been up there since Monday but will check next time (if I remeber lol).

Ah so has he moved from the court cairn parking to the gorevans area?... And block vision lines from the junctions...
    I thought the 50k zone starts on the cliffoney side of the car park putting him in the 100k zone(if in his usual spot). Need another look there too!

Back through today, 50km starts at the bundoran side of the court cairn car park. That speed van is going to be shooting fish in a barrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

overshoot wrote: »
    Back through today, 50km starts at the bundoran side of the court cairn car park. That speed van is going to be shooting fish in a barrel!
    Pity they wouldnt come to Grange and shoot a few going throught the red lights at the school crossing. It's a miracle how nobody has been killed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Yeah past this yesterday day for the first time and imo 50 is too low. Grew up 100m from there. I think it should have been limited to 80km years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

This appears to have reverted to 100kph. Must have been 50 for roadworks or such.

Advertisement