Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowtown marina

• 24-04-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi I a m planning to launch my boat at Robertstown slipway.
    I would like to keep it at Lowtown Marina for a few weeks and then head for the Shannon.
    Does anyone have a number for them as the only one I can find does not connect.
    Or indeed are they still in existence?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Probably the same as the one you have. +353 (0)45 860427

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Yeah - that's the one - doesn't connect

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pachanco

Not sure what the story is with Lowtown Marina these days. I do know that Waterways Ireland redeveloped at least part of the area around there, so it might be worth contacting them.

The "assistant inspector of navigation" is probably the best man to talk to. If you type in "assistant inspector" on the Waterways Ireland website, it will bring up his name and mobile phone number, (not sure what the rules are about publishing names and phone numbers on this forum.) I'd be fairly sure that he will be able to point you in the right direction.

www.waterwaysireland.org/contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

It appears, from my last visit down there about a year ago, that the whole complex is now apartments as far as one can see. It is not operating as a boatyard any longer. Both gates at either end of the yard were shut and access to the slip would have been via the yard.

Does anyone know where all the boats have gone from the yard and the adjacent quay ? It's a pity to see that such a useful boat lifting and maintenance facility is no longer. Where is the nearest place now where you can get a cruiser lifted out of the water for hull cleaning/painting and anti-fouling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

Some boat owners who haven't visited their boats regularly, or for some time, may not be aware that this notice is currently on display at Lowtown. There are quite a few unattended boats there and perhaps the owners are unaware of the impending boat removal and disposal by Waterways Ireland.

uNBuS43.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A new line of business for our master shipwright Fergal, pile them high and sell them cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Tabnabs wrote:
    A new line of business for our master shipwright Fergal, pile them high and sell them cheap!

I would actually be interested in one even a sunken one, a summer project if you would !

Advertisement