Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Draft - THE RESULTS!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think it shows the quality of others work when MNG comes 4th. His work was exceptional as always even in the face of his laptop issues. I feel burnt out in my 4th year and yet MNG and BH are 10 years and still producing top notch angles, stories and matches.

For what its worth MNG, your show was my fav but I loved aspects of Necro and BHs too so while Necro got my 3rd spot, it was very very tight between you, BH and him. Ill be back in August or maybe even July with Around the Horn. When is your Fantasy game back? I fn love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I loved so many this year, Perfect and how he entwined in the Hall/Hogan/ NWO feud was excellent. I loved Steamboat and Angle, the emotion in MNGs writing real came through for me and it was excellently written. Loved Steph McMahon thsi year, didnt see her turning on Trump at all and was the shock of the shows. Lou Albano was a finely written character too, esp since Daithi didnt pick him himself, as was Orton. Mankind was excellent too, it was a real change of face of how Foley is usually booked.

I would have loved Lee to finish his shows, I loved his bravery in his draft picks and his concept was very interesting.

I really wish I could have finished my shows too. I knew exactly how every stroyline was going to play out and what I wanted to achieve. Getting sick and taking nearly a month to feel right and then starting the OTT shows right after I recovered just took my focus. And then Mania season was upon us. Just unfortunate. I have read some shows but just didnt feel right voting without reading everything. Well done all that finished and if I even got 1 vote for my preview or roster it was worth my time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congratulations Joe well deserved.

A back to back winner now, everyone will have you as the target / man to beat next year now. Similarly to when MNG won 3 times. That said it's now been 3 years since he won so maybe the focus will be a little bit off him now.

I'm very happy with best roster and a couple of slammers for the likes of Hogan, Hall & Gilbert.

Thought there were some promotions and writers that made an impression and will be back with a bang hopefully next time. Daithi for example in his first year did great although having Khali in his main event hindered it for me cos it was written well enough that with someone else maybe he coulda been in the top tier. Necro too like Beakerjoe seems to have made big strides each year and who knows about next year after coming 2nd in the overall vote this year.

Advertisement