Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period

Options
  • 24-04-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got an engineer calling to install our tv & fibre tomorrow having just moved house.

It turns out the price I'm being charged is not the same as my wife and I recall reading on eir's website when we ordered, and seeing all the horror stories on here has me having second thoughts about changing from Sky to Eir.

As it's only 5-6 days since I placed the order, can I still cancel even after the engineer has installed the equipment tomorrow (and after I get to see what I think of the Eir tv service etc), or should I just cancel first thing in the morning if I'm having reservations?

The note about cooling off period suggests I can cancel, but I'm worried that if I start to use the service within the cooling off period, it may trigger it to expire..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi barneystinson,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

Your cooling off period is 14 days after the services go active and you are free to cancel during this time.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and the price the package was online for and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement