Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Facebook

Options
  • 24-04-2017 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a alternative to Facebook for a school to post updates on progress in their classes.

Facebook allows for a feed to be placed on a website and automatically updates the webpage as FB is updated.
    Unfortunately, the school blocks FB,so its a non runner.

Is there an alternative? What do other schools use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm looking for a alternative to Facebook for a school to post updates on progress in their classes.

Facebook allows for a feed to be placed on a website and automatically updates the webpage as FB is updated.

Twitter can be easily embedded in a website and isn't blocked on the Dept of Ed filters. Updates are limited to 140 characters, but I've found that it's sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Have you tried edmodo? It's like Facebook for teachers and there's an assignment area for tests etc. I don't use it myself but it will probably suit you.

Advertisement