Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Parents only 1 Will + Dementia

• 24-04-2017 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

My Mother has made a will that bequeaths some cash (from her sole account) and the family home to me and my sister.

My Dad has dementia and is a resident in a Nursing home. As part of the Fair Deal scheme approx 60% of his weekly cost is paid for by my Mother.
    I know from filling out the forms originally their joint assets were calculated and after various ceilings 40% of all assets was deemed relevant when calculations were carried out... this I believe with a sole applicant will jump to 80%.

The assumption is that my Mother will pre-decease my Dad.

Recently my Mother has become very ill, my question is if my Mother was to pre-decease my Father does the house and cash have to be allocated to my Fathers application for a renewed Fair Deal application?

My Dad has not made a will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry to hear of your parents' illnesses,

Matter for family solicitor rather than Boards, imho[

Thread closed/B]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement