Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOES VAPING LEAVE A RESIDUE

Options
  • 24-04-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

ok when i was a smoker i never smoked inside the house,for many reasons,but now id vape away inside,and it got me thinking,does vaping leave a residue of any kind?as we know the tar from smoking ruins a house or room,so does vaping do any damage?whats your experiance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

My experience is no residue. No lingering smell or anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Ionised wrote: »
    My experience is no residue. No lingering smell or anything like it.

yeah same here,although im only at it a few mths..but at times when the kitchen is full with vapor it got me thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

It definitely leaves a residue on windows , I've noticed it on the inside of the windscreen but nothing like cigarettes did , I'm pretty sure the vape shop owners will tell you that it does leave a residue on their windows .

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

jonski wrote: »
    It definitely leaves a residue on windows , I've noticed it on the inside of the windscreen but nothing like cigarettes did , I'm pretty sure the vape shop owners will tell you that it does leave a residue on their windows .

yeah i have notciced it on the car window for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Nothing smell wise anyway. Cant say iv noticed a residue but the vapour has to end up somewhere i suppose. Either way nothing near what smoking would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Yep it leaves a slightly sticky/oily residue - the same residue found in club and bar equipment that use smoke machines.  
    Not nearly as bad as ciggies though, does not tend to leave stains and its 99% easier to wipe off than cigarette gunk. 
    Its most apparent on TV screens, computer monitors and windscreens. My old iMac blows in air from the bottom and I have to remove the glass panel every other week to clear off the residue. The fans have stayed pretty clear, I clean them every year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Definitely a residue in my van. Takes a good bit of buffing and windowlene to get it out, but it forces you to clean your windows once a month and they do be sparkling afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

On the bright side most liquids are water soluble, i'm not a doctor but i take that to mean it wont leave a residue in your lungs.

Advertisement