Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to study for May and June

Options
  • 24-04-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent quiet library space to study in for this may and June? I used ucd before but as it's the summer for my next set of exams they will be seriously reducing their hours which is a pain.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If you're a student you should be able to get access to Trinity library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

If you're a student you should be able to get access to Trinity library.

I think they reduce hours like ucd for the summer but thank you anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Whereabouts do you live in Dublin? Coffee shops tend to be great for this sort of thing, libraries too.

Whereabouts do you live in Dublin? Coffee shops tend to be great for this sort of thing, libraries too.

I'm out by booterstown atm so ucd would have been ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Starbucks in Rathmines would suit you pretty well if you had the money for bus fair and a coffee. There should be two, the one near the garda station shouldn't be too populated.

Rathmines library might be okay too, but there could also be too many people for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    I'm out by booterstown atm so ucd would have been ideal.

The LexIcon in dun Laoghaire? Am sure there are quiet areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Rathmines Library. The upstairs is surprisingly quiet. Generally if anyone is having a conversation, the crowd studying for the FE1s or accounting exams tell them what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Rathmines Library. The upstairs is surprisingly quiet. Generally if anyone is having a conversation, the crowd studying for the FE1s or accounting exams tell them what to do

Note there's a school of music in the same building and the band can strike up at short notice, not always the most conducive to study!

There's a library in Blackrock and I think there's one in the RDS that a mate of mine used to study in...might be worth looking into too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

National Library in Kildare St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Note there's a school of music in the same building and the band can strike up at short notice, not always the most conducive to study!

There's a library in Blackrock and I think there's one in the RDS that a mate of mine used to study in...might be worth looking into too.

I imagine they would be finished up for the Summer by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm confused - what times is the OP looking to study at? What are the reduction in library hours in Trinity and UCD?

I'm confused - what times is the OP looking to study at? What are the reduction in library hours in Trinity and UCD?

I need evenings after college and weekends. They haven't said but been told it's likely 9-5 and closed sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Why can't you study where you live or am I being obtuse?

amtc wrote:

Too many distractions. I find it's never a good idea to study where you live. I can't switch off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    amtc wrote:

Too many distractions. I find it's never a good idea to study where you live. I can't switch off
    I must be lucky. I always studied with tv and radio on...and got a first.

Would second national library. Plus as weather gets better you can do outside. I used drive to sandymount etc.

amtc wrote:
    I must be lucky. I always studied with tv and radio on...and got a first.

To each their own. I need a quiet environment with a desk. It works. I'm not going to change now.

Advertisement