Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate for the upgraded boiler

Options
  • 24-04-2017 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys

We are in the process of selling our house and have been asked for a certificate for the upgraded boiler to show everything is compliant etc. However the boiler was installed in 2009 and the paperwork cert etc has been misplaced some time ago.

I'm unsure as to what to do at this stage to fulfill the obligations that the purchaser requires.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can you contact the installer?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 iloctus

Thanks for your response.

unfortunately the installer went out of business in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A cert 3 from the last Boiler service should do you. Or call rgi with your details. They should have the cert 2 on file.

iloctus wrote: »
    Thanks for your response.

unfortunately the installer went out of business in 2002.

How did he instal the boiler in 2009 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Honestly - if I was buying a house and asked for this type of paperwork & it wasn't forthcoming, it wouldn't stop me buying the house.
    What's to stop the purchaser getting an inspection done on purchase to ensure the boiler is safe & working efficiently?

I might be lax but I bought a property two years ago & never once considered asking about paperwork for the boiler installation.

Assuming you aren't selling the worst house in Ireland it should still sell in the current market regardless of this.

• Advertisement

sorry i ment 2012!!

so rgi will have it on file... ok i'll give them a call so thanks Dtp1979

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    A cert 3 from the last Boiler service should do you. Or call rgi with your details. They should have the cert 2 on file.

I've just learned something new. Good to know, thanks.

April

I never asked for any kind of paper work either. but this purchaser is asking for all kinds of documents... i just dont want the sale to fall through so am complying with everything they ask for so the process is as smooth as possible.

iloctus wrote: »
    April

I never asked for any kind of paper work either. but this purchaser is asking for all kinds of documents... i just dont want the sale to fall through so am complying with everything they ask for so the process is as smooth as possible.

If rgi don't have a record then get a local rgi to service the boiler and do an Annex E safety inspection. This basically means he/she will Servuce your Boiler, and check out all the gas system to make sure it's up to standard. You'll get a cert 3 after it saying it's all done. This should surely satisfy any buyer

Advertisement