Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shore fishing Cobh

Options
  • 24-04-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone have any imfo on how the fishing is in Cobh main quay at the moment. Thinking of heading there tomorrow am I mad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Going fishing is never mad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 arightlad

Lol correct and right. Never fished there, and have my grandson home from America, was hoping to introduce him to a bit of Irish fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Head to the end of the car park by the foot bridge and fish there. Plenty of space and very safe.
    Use the lightest rod you have and small hooks, size 8 or smaller and tiny bits of mack and you'll have a fish a cast on the float. Maddies hammer the fish if you can get some.
    I bring my kids there a bit and they always get a few fish, all small but they don't mind.
    Loads of gobies, pollack, whiting, in the summer theres wrasse too but might be a little early for them.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 arightlad

Thanks for that red, appreciate it ��

Advertisement