Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any family law amateurs???

Options
  • 24-04-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi all, long story short... my wife has decided she needs her own space (we have a busy life...jobs, kids etc).... and we've had our problems over the course of our marriage, but she asked me to move out basically, so i have...we're four months down the line, 2 marriage counselling sessions...she feels the marriage is over. Today she tells me she wants to buy her OWN house... and the banks said she needs a legal separation or a separation agreement before they'll consider her application. Can i refuse to sign it? I would like to work at the marriage and she is horridly stubborn when she gets a notion, but we have young children and i'd like to explore all avenues before divorce! Anyone any similar experience or been through something similar?? We share the kids and bills etc... i would have thought it would be the solicitors job to tell her she needs the agreement, rather than the mortgage broker!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

You need legal advice, which you can't get here.

Please read the forum charter before posting again.

This thread will be closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement