Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless to Wired Adapter Securewatch 812

Options
  • 24-04-2017 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭

I want to install some wireless sensors in a new extension to an existing HKC Securewatch 812 wired alarm. Is it possible to get an adapter that will pickup the signals from the wireless sensors and convert them to a wired output that can then be used to trigger the alarm?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are a number of different quick bridge options, Risco & Aritech (UTC) ones. How many devices/zones do you need? You will need free wired zones on the panel to wire them into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I want to install some wireless sensors in a new extension to an existing HKC Securewatch 812 wired alarm. Is it possible to get an adapter that will pickup the signals from the wireless sensors and convert them to a wired output that can then be used to trigger the alarm?

You'd be far better off upgrading your panel to the newer 1070 which has wireless capibilities built in and it wouldn't cost too much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are a number of different quick bridge options, Risco & Aritech (UTC) ones. How many devices/zones do you need? You will need free wired zones on the panel to wire them into.

I have a few spare wired zones and I can reconfigure to make more available. I'll have eight new windows altogether, some of which are very wide and may need a few sensors. I suppose I could put them all in one zone but it might be better to split.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That's a lot of wireless for an extension and an add on.
    The upgrade to a wireless /wired hybrid system would be looking more attractive allright.
    This would give you the option to add wired devices into the wireless sensors. That should save you a few quid on sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

KoolKid wrote: »
    This would give you the option to add wired devices into the wireless sensors. That should save you a few quid on sensors.

I didn't know you could do this! But if that's the case can't I do it anyway? A few wired devices connected to one wireless sensor which sends the signal wirelessly to the bridge device?

I only really want to use contact switches and shock sensors. What sort of price difference is there on these between the wired and the wireless options? And what sort of price are the wireless sensors that can take wired devices?

Having thought about it I realise I also need smoke/CO sensors but I have wiring run for these. Can I get combined smoke/CO sensors and do I just connect them to a "Fire" zone on the HKC 812?

Thanks, Paul

• Advertisement

Why are you saying you cant add wired to the wireless devices?
    You are getting into quite a few different things here now. How many free zones are you going to be able to get on that panel?
    I think the upgrade would be the better option. HKC are the only ones I know that let you wire sensors & contacts out of wireless sensors. GSD allow wired contacts to be wired into wireless sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pintszab

Hi folks, i am trying to connect a wired inertia/mc sensor to a wireless inertia/mc sensor and then to the panel wirelessly. Could one of you give me some idea how to connect? Also how can the wired sensor that is connected to the wireless sensor be identified in the system? Any recommendation with regards settings in the system? Apologies if this question has been discussed earlier in a different thread.Thanks.

You connect the wired sensors /contacts into the alarm and tamper inputs on the wireless MC in the same way as it would wire into inputs on the alarm panel. The zone is identified as the zone the wireless device is assigned to.

HI, thanks for your prompt reply. I wired it as single end of line sensor with two 4k7 resistors and connected to the wireless sensor using 2 wires to the alamr positions and the temper positions are linked.
    Is this correct?
    Also wound it be possible to assign the wired sensor and the wireless MC which the wired one is connected to onto separate zones?

It's probably set up as non eol.

• Advertisement

hi, I connected the inertia/MC sensor to the wireless sensor as below with no resistors and configured the hardware to be non eol:
    1: red to alarm
    2: black to alarm
    3: white to tamper
    4: blue to tamper
    5 and 6 linked

Walk test says that the zone is open. Then I disconnected the inertia/mc and the wireless sensor worked ok on its own.
    both sensors are brand new, arrow is pointing up, sensor is positioned on the window on the same way as other wired sensors that are working ok.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Pintszab wrote: »
    hi, I connected the inertia/MC sensor to the wireless sensor as below with no resistors and configured the hardware to be non eol:
    1: red to alarm
    2: black to alarm
    3: white to tamper
    4: blue to tamper
    5 and 6 linked

Walk test says that the zone is open. Then I disconnected the inertia/mc and the wireless sensor worked ok on its own.
    both sensors are brand new, arrow is pointing up, sensor is positioned on the window on the same way as other wired sensors that are working ok.
    Any ideas?

You can't configure the hardware on a wireless device to non eol, it is that anyway.
    Is there a magnet alongside that sensor?

Yes there is magnet beside both the inertia/mc and wireless mc sensors. Ok then should i connect the wired sensor to the wireless using two resistors (dual end)?
    In the zone hardware menu there are rf and rfi. What is the difference between these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes there is magnet beside both the inertia/mc and wireless mc sensors. Ok then should i connect the wired sensor to the wireless using two resistors (dual end)?
    In the zone hardware menu there are rf and rfi. What is the difference between these two?

No, wire free sensors will not require a resistor.
    Id advise using a meter to make sure anything you add in is getting continuity before adding into the sensor.

Hey Folks, a broken wire was found at the wireless sensor, so i picked a different colour and now the system is working ok. Thanks a lot for your help.
    Just one more question, is it possible to separate the wireless sensor and the wired sensor (this is connected to the wireless one) onto different zones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

No it is not, once connected to the wireless sensor they become as one.
    Kind of like in love ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hey Folks, a broken wire was found at the wireless sensor, so i picked a different colour and now the system is working ok. Thanks a lot for your help.
    Just one more question, is it possible to separate the wireless sensor and the wired sensor (this is connected to the wireless one) onto different zones?

Its not possible.
    Once you wire into the wire free sensor this is your zone or point as you are using the sensor to do same.

Ok lads, many thanks for your help.

Advertisement