Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview in Medtronic

Options
  • 24-04-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have interview for engineer role in medtronic in galway next week and am bit nervous! Don't know much about the company but I want to know what hours do office staff do? QE or ME? I'm assuming all those type jobs are salary paid? Do medtronic allow you to take parental leave? Does it have to be taken in a block or can it be taken as a day a week? I know I shouldn't be asking about time off before I even get past the interview! Is it just one interview or would there be more? Totally clueless

Comments

Not trying to be smart, but surely you could ask all of those questions to HR, or whoever you have been dealing with, with regards to the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pollypoket123

Not trying to be smart, but surely you could ask all of those questions to HR, or whoever you have been dealing with, with regards to the interview

I will ask but I was just wondering about the company. Sorry for asking

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wrecking my head over what QE or ME hours could possibly be.

Ask those questions at the interview. It shows that you are interested.
    Also ask if there is opportunity for advancement, upskilling, etc.. the usual stuff.
    For general info on Medtronic you can find older threads by clicking here. Mind, some of these may be years old.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You could be working on Days/Evenings/Weekends as an Engineer. Most work days though. If it's line support you will have to align with the operator shift hours. Could be 7-3.30 for a day position

QE/ME (payday?) - 3rd week of the month for salaried pay.

Parental leave is statutory, so yes. Manager discretion as to how it's split out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Is QE quality engineer and ME manufacturing engineer?

I wouldn't ask about parental leave at any interview. Hopefully someone on here might help or it might vary between departments.
    Good luck with your interview-do lots of googling to find out more about Medtronic before you go. Let us know how you got on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

A friend of our family works at Medtronic - she's a chemical engineer but not sure of her job title. She gets sent to San Francisco a fair bit- sounds like a dream trip but it's heavy going and she tends to miss her days off those weeks (as she's travelling). You could ask at interview if that might be part of your role.

Advertisement