Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laparoscopic Surgeries

Options
  • 24-04-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has experience of key hole surgeries and their effect on trying to conceive? I have had three laparoscopic surgeries including one to remove a dermoid ovarian cyst. Will all these surgeries made it difficult to conceive?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I should have clarified that all three were abdominal surgeries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Did the Doctor mention any chance of this being a complication of the surgery? I have had laps done in the past and they have created scar tissue in my tubes which resulted in my tubes becoming irreversibly damaged but there was some amount of scarring there in the first place so that probably made me more susceptible to it.
    Best thing to do is it contact the doctor who did the surgery and see what the chances are of it happening.

Advertisement