Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life ban for posting a youtube video on the subject matter ??

Options
  • 25-04-2017 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

So I have been life ban for linking a youtube video on the subject matter. I would normally give in and leave the ban stand.

The subject matter is controversial to say the least but I feel children's lives are at risk and families should have the full picture on vaccines and how they both save and damage many lives.

People need to know whats been brushed under the carpet by media, the medical community and vaccine firms.

I would like the ban lift to continue the flight for informed consent when baby's are getting vaccines.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi gar32,

The first step in the process is to attempt to discuss this with the mod to see if you can resolve it between yourselves. Can you confirm if you have done that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hello gar32,

As dudara said, the 1st step in appealing your permanent ban from Health Sciences is to exchange PMs with the mod who issued the ban. Please see the flow chart above.
    If you cannot resolve this between you, then I will investigate your DRP.

Please advise,

Sincerely,

Lumi

Hello gar32,

Following our recent PM exchange I will review this Dispute Resolution.

Please forward to me via PM any and all PMs that you and Kurtosis have exchanged relating to your permanent ban from Health Science and any additional information you think would be helpful to my investigation.

I have already requested PM and background information from Kurtosis and the Health Science mod team.

Thanks

Lumi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Post deleted. Please do not post in DRP threads unless invited to do so by a CMod or Admin.

tHB

Hi gar32

Your ban was the culmination of a series of mod actions for continuously posting unsupported claims regarding vaccines, contrary to the (short) Health Sciences charter which states.
    As this is a scientific forum, when debating an issue please provide high quality evidence to back up any claims.
    My review of your posting history shows that, in order to create balance on the forum, every effort was made by the moderator and regular contributors to the forum to engage with, discuss, and accommodate your contrary views on this subject.

However, you were not willing to post in line with the standards expected. Moreover, you have refused to engage with either the mod team, or the contributors to the forum who tried to guide you towards better sources in order to bring your posting content up to the required standard. Instead you repeatedly posted Youtube videos, newspaper articles form behind a paywall, articles that you obviously had not read, or bizarrely, articles that were completely unrelated to the topic at hand.

Your behaviour on the Health Sciences forum can best be described as soapboxing and trollish.

Since January 2017, you have generated a large number of reported posts (18), you have amassed 11 on thread warnings requesting that you improve the standard of your contributions, 1 yellow card, two red cards, 2 one week bans and finally a permanent forum ban on 20/04/2017.

You have clearly become a time-sink for the Health Science mod team, and are a source of annoyance and frustration to the regular contributors to the forum.

As a result I am upholding the permanent ban.
    You can request an Admin review if you are not happy with my decision.

• Advertisement

Hi Gar32,

Do you want to request an Admin review or can this dispute be marked as resolved?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No response from OP in 5 weeks - marking this as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement