Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quality sunglasses

• 25-04-2017 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for some help or guidance with sunglasses. I do a lot of driving and outdoor work and I wear sunglasses a good bit as I suffer from migraines and headaches. I want a good pair of glasses that will protect me from harmful rays from the sun but are some way durable. I don't mind the price once they are high quality. Can anyone point me in the right directionn ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for some help or guidance with sunglasses. I do a lot of driving and outdoor work and I wear sunglasses a good bit as I suffer from migraines and headaches. I want a good pair of glasses that will protect me from harmful rays from the sun but are some way durable. I don't mind the price once they are high quality. Can anyone point me in the right directionn ? Thanks

Personally, I have opted for Vuarnet with mineral lenses.
    I find the range of lenses excellent and you can find a lens colour that suits as the company produces many different mineral lenses.
    PX2000 are Brown base, PX3000 are grey and there are a number of other types that have various lens treatments like mirror gradients and polarisation.
    The last pair I bought have a lens called Aqualynx which is a brown base polarised with blue gradient lenses and they are probably the best lenses I have ever had from any manufacturer( Rayban, Oakley etc)
    I have had polycarbonate lenses from them as well as other companies but they are not as clear or durable as the mineral lens and end up getting scratched.
    Regarding frames you need to know what suits you and what you like wearing, wrap type frames are better to stop light entering from the side of the glasses but may not suit you.
    The Nylon frames are very durable compared to acetate or metal and I'd recommend them if you are worried about durability.

There are plenty of retailers selling Vuarnet and if you want PM me I'll give you the name of a French seller that sells from Lyon in France at very good prices. I have just bought 2 pairs from them for my wife and myself and am very pleased with the service from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Personally, I have opted for Vuarnet with mineral lenses.
    I find the range of lenses excellent and you can find a lens colour that suits as the company produces many different mineral lenses.
    PX2000 are Brown base, PX3000 are grey and there are a number of other types that have various lens treatments like mirror gradients and polarisation.
    The last pair I bought have a lens called Aqualynx which is a brown base polarised with blue gradient lenses and they are probably the best lenses I have ever had from any manufacturer( Rayban, Oakley etc)
    I have had polycarbonate lenses from them as well as other companies but they are not as clear or durable as the mineral lens and end up getting scratched.
    Regarding frames you need to know what suits you and what you like wearing, wrap type frames are better to stop light entering from the side of the glasses but may not suit you.
    The Nylon frames are very durable compared to acetate or metal and I'd recommend them if you are worried about durability.

There are plenty of retailers selling Vuarnet and if you want PM me I'll give you the name of a French seller that sells from Lyon in France at very good prices. I have just bought 2 pairs from them for my wife and myself and am very pleased with the service from them.

If you could that would be great. Thanks

Advertisement