Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk credit check for mortgage

• 25-04-2017 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm just wondering do the banks here do a credit check in the uk as I lived there for 10 years, I'm hoping to apply for a mortgage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

They will ask you to apply for a credit check in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Matts1980

Hi, just wondering did you ever get any follow up with this issue? I have the same issue where I'm trying to get a Irish mortgage (AIB) and they asked for a UK credit report but I don't have a current UK address? I moved back from London three years ago. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Purplej

Hey Matts1980,
    I received my UK report just last week.
    You can write to Experian UK, using the UK statutory paper based application form (you can download it from their website); you need to add a 2GBP bank draft which you can buy at the larger IE-Postoffices for 4Euro.
    here is an extract from their email to me:
    f you do not currently live within the UK, we are unable to provide you with online access to your credit report. We can however, send a paper report to an overseas address.

To do this, please send an application by post giving the following details:

- Your full name and date of birth 
    - Your present address and telephone number
    - Full address history in the UK

Please also supply us with the following documents that link you to your current overseas address:

- Two photocopied documents dated within the last three months from your overseas address. The types of documents we need are bank statements, utility bills, mortgage statements, council tax bills, credit card statements, mobile phone bills.

- At least 1 photocopied document from your most recent UK residential address.

- A photocopy of your passport, birth certificate or UK driving licence (full or provisional). You do not need to send the original.

These documents should be sent to:

Experian,
    PO Box 9639,
    Nottingham,
    NG80 1AE

A fee of £2 is applicable by cheque or postal order.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Advertisement