Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night work for young mother

Options
  • 25-04-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Thanks everyone xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Rosemary have you and your partner looked at family income support (fis)?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rosemary 10

Millem wrote: »
    Rosemary have you and your partner looked at family income support (fis)?

Yeah I did ...you have to be already claiming a welfare payment for example if I claimed lone parent and worked over 19 hours the lone parent would cut my money only for fis to give me it back... Ridiculous

Yeah I did ...you have to be already claiming a welfare payment for example if I claimed lone parent and worked over 19 hours the lone parent would cut my money only for fis to give me it back... Ridiculous

No rosemary you and your partner would apply for it on the basis your cohabiting partner works over 19 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

FIS will top you up with 60% of he difference between 500quid, and whatever wage your partner takes home.

E.g If he takes home 300, they give you 120. Could help.

If you are looking for full time work can you not apply for job seekers?

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    If you are looking for full time work can you not apply for job seekers?

No see this is where it gets messy...I'm under 24 and means tested by my dad still ( I'm not a bona fide tenant where im living)?rent is still payed but landlord wants cash so I don't and can't use that address

No see this is where it gets messy...I'm under 24 and means tested by my dad still ( I'm not a bona fide tenant where im living)?rent is still payed but landlord wants cash so I don't and can't use that address

Also I just want to stay clear of social welfare and earn my own as I have done since the day I left school. We're all getting off the topic people xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Also I just want to stay clear of social welfare and earn my own as I have done since the day I left school. We're all getting off the topic people xxx

So the DSP inspector has put the wind up you????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Have you thought of being a child minder yourself?

Ok well check out FIS.
    Work wise look up market research call centres in dun laoghaire and Blackrock.
    I don't know if they are still there......they used to open 7 days a week.

If you have paid enough prsi can you not apply for jobseekers benefit. Even if it's a lower amount for your age it's still something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Have you thought of being a child minder yourself?
    Agreed. If I'm correct, you can mind up to three children in your own home and earn up to €15,000 tax free.

Victor wrote: »
    Agreed. If I'm correct, you can mind up to three children in your own home and earn up to €15,000 tax free.

Even without the fetec awards ? That would be perfect for my situation

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Even without the fetec awards ? That would be perfect for my situation
    You would need to look into that. Note that rules for babies are stricter than those for older children.

Advertisement