Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distance from Cabinet

Options
  • 25-04-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What distance from the cabinet can you still get high speed fibre (up to 150mbs)?[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi guideanna,

For fibre Extreme (FTTH) it is depending on how far the cables being installed reach.

In regards to fibre to the cabinet (FTTC), the maximum distance you can avail from is 2 kilometres from the cabinet.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

It's ftth. 
    Can you explain what it depends on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Guideanna, 

For Fibre to the Home (FTTH) we can offer speeds of up to 1000MBs, however, we cannot guarantee on the speeds that your line can handle until the lines are installed and we run a line test. If you click on the link here and enter in your eircode, we will check if Fibre to the Home is available at your address.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

Have tried this and in my small cul -de sac of 5 houses i am the one that it's coming up not available for.
    Distance being exactly the same for me and the house across the road to me from the main road. Can supply you with all eircodes, why am i the only one the service is not available to?

just editing to say this may have something to do with the fact that your system is bringing up an incorrect address for my eircode. So the service is available to me…but just not when i go to place the order because on your system i live in NewRoss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Guideanna, 

I'm afraid with Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) and fibre to the home (FTTH) the service is subject to availability and not all customers will be able to avail of it. Unfortunately, it is something we have no control over however, each house is individual for the service.

We are currently rectifying this issue for you with your address and I can confirm it has been flagged with the relevant department.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

• Advertisement

So what do i do now then?

I will be in touch with you as soon as I get confirmation this has been rectified.

Thanks,
    Anna

Any idea how long this will take Anna, i'm keen to place my (third) order but there's no point until i know the address/eircode issue has been corrected on your end.

I should be updated on this by today and will be in touch as soon as I have heard back.

Thanks,
    Anna

Any update on this before you guys clock off at 5?

• Advertisement

I'm afraid this is still pending on our system and will hopefully be rectified by tomorrow.

I do apologise for the delay and I can assure you we are checking for updates for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Any update on my address being updated on your system?
    If not can you at least give me a time frame...surely can't take that long to make an address amendment?

Unfortunately, it can take up to 5 working days.

We are trying to get this escalated for you to be done sooner than this and are keeping an eye on it for you.

Once this has completed I will notify you and you can then place a new order.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

If you could do anything at all to get this rushed through I'd really appreciate it, my first order was placed on March 22nd....i can't even tell you how frustrated I am at this stage with a million calls and online chats etc to have just found out tat the problem has been an issue on Eir's end all along.

I completely understand guideanna and we are trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

I am very sorry about all of this.

Thanks,
    Anna

HI Anna,

I just saw your pm there. So as you say my address is now correct in your system. Can you please confirm this has been done on all possible avenues where my eircode will be used? Last time the sales team has my address correct but the "wholesale" dept had the wrong address off the eircode (that was bringing up incorrect address on your system).
    If I go ahead and place this order for a third time and I'm hit with the same issue again ill be lodging a complaint.
    Also can you Please can you confirm where/how the issue stemmed from that my eircode was giving an incorrect address as when I contacted eircode they had me under the correct address.
    Many thanks.

I can assure you your eircode will show the correct address on all possible avenues relating to your account.

On our address system, the eircode was registered to the correct address but had added the Newross line incorrectly and this was then causing confusion for the order to be installed.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
    Anna

Will do.
    I've been onto sales and now have to wait another 48 working hours for my correct line to be tested as it's still only showing 7mbs on your system (but I know the fibre line is available to me).

No problem.

I'm sorry to hear this sometimes this can happen due to amendments.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

What are those black boxes on some of the telephone poles in my area? Why are there none near my house?

• Advertisement

Hi bfa1509,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to advise on this as this is not our area of expertise. 

I apologise we can't assist you further with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement