Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canada

Options
  • 25-04-2017 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi im just wandering i was convicted for drink driving at 18 im 27 this year and planning on goinf to canada does anyone think ill have a problem i have asked this all time and im losin sleep my canadian friend said ut be ok ?? im afraid to talk to the embassy in dublin as im aftaid it will raise flags for me plzz help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi Danielle, welcome to Boards.ie.

I have moved your question from the Feedback forum to the Canada forum, you should get some relevant replies here.

To ensure you enjoy your time on the site, please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the etiquette of posting. Boards.ie tends to be quite relaxed, but we do have some general rules and guidelines that need to be adhered to.

hi im just wandering i was convicted for drink driving at 18 im 27 this year and planning on goinf to canada does anyone think ill have a problem i have asked this all time and im losin sleep my canadian friend said ut be ok ?? im afraid to talk to the embassy in dublin as im aftaid it will raise flags for me plzz help

Im not entirely sure but what i can say is i had a friend visit me from the USA, she had a DUI which she got 9 years before she came to visit canada and nothing at all was said.

That said, im sure someone else will tell you they know someone who had trouble. It probably depends on the agent you get but again i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Echoing what flynner said but you are going to get different answers from different people.
    im afraid to talk to the embassy in dublin as im aftaid it will raise flags for me plzz help

Personally now I'd be ringing the embassy as they are more than likely going to give you the most reliable answer out of everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

You've planning on visiting Canada or living in Canada? They're very strict on DUI offences so it would more than likely affect a PR application. But as a visitor you should be OK as far as I know.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement