Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted bicycles

Options
  • 25-04-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Is there anyone who takes in old/unwanted bikes and does them up and sells them on for charity? I recall a group in Cork who used to fix old crocks and sell them or send them to Africa.
    Don't hear about them now, and I have a 20 year old bike that I'm about to get rid of but it seems a bit of a waste as it only needs replacement chainrings and cassette.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Count Down wrote: »
    Is there anyone who takes in old/unwanted bikes and does them up and sells them on for charity? I recall a group in Cork who used to fix old crocks and sell them or send them to Africa.
    Don't hear about them now, and I have a 20 year old bike that I'm about to get rid of but it seems a bit of a waste as it only needs replacement chainrings and cassette.

Paul Carroll is your man.

Details in this nice article by Barry Meehan

http://thecyclingblog.com/cycling-heros-who-walk-amongst-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

www.rothar.ie would be another place for them.

Advertisement