Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

young plants

Options
  • 25-04-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi just bought a few young plants from bxq ,they have a sort of tea bag type covering them ,have just potted them ,then i began to wonder if i should taking the tea bag wrapping off them ,or is it alright to leave it on :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

tony melia wrote: »
    Hi just bought a few young plants from bxq ,they have a sort of tea bag type covering them ,have just potted them ,then i began to wonder if i should taking the tea bag wrapping off them ,or is it alright to leave it on :confused::confused:

Presume it's just covering the roots? It's just a biodegradable 'pot' that cuttings, seeds, etc. are sown in to make it easier to transplant. Ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If its the same stuff I am thinking of it is a bit reluctant to biodegrade. I have before now found underperforming plants to have that little wrap on them and the roots have never really broken out of it. Usually pelargoniums ('geraniums').

Advertisement