Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did 3 of 4 years of Forensic Science and CSI. 80% is Lab concentrated. I hate it.

Options
  • 25-04-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Did 3 of 4 years of Forensic Science and CSI. 80% is Lab/Science concentrated. I hate it. Want to do Forensic Criminology/Psych. What to do?

Hate the thoughts of sitting in a lab and analyzing evidence and at the end I just get to present it in the court of law with a slight chance of ever going out to an actual crime scene or ever getting to talk to actual people involved in crime. I want to engage with people, criminals and victims alike. Any suggestions on what to do are welcome (transferring to any college preferably second year. I just want to save time because I'll be 25 soon). I also have basic knowledge in Psychology as I took 10 week course while I was still in school. Basically, I want to get out of my course/transfer before it's time to go back and do my 4th year in the IT. I tried to make myself think oh this course is cool and other various ways of what could I do after college and there is plenty of what I could do, but everything is so detached and scientific. I want to be directly involved with the people.

Info: IT Sligo, Ireland. Course - FA8 Forensic Science BSc (4year course). UK accredited. Most of the lecturers Have Pharmaceutical/Chemistry/Biology background which is not what I'm looking for at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Despite the piss taking in the other thread I was actually trying to help.

It makes no sense to quit 3 years into a 4 year BSc. If you want to change direction academically, finish your course and do a masters, otherwise you'll have to start again at bachelor level.

Besides which, quitting looks really poor on a CV and at some point you're going to need to persuade someone to give you a job.

Feel free to disregard my old man advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Domikadze

First of all read what I wrote, I didn't say quit, I said i wanted a transfer, anywhere possible, if there is a chance, I'd like some suggestions.

Advertisement