Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ivy trough establised hedge

Options
  • 25-04-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an established hawthorn hedge and I really like it, it is much older than I am so I want to give it every chance.

Problem is Ivy is now growing rampantly through it.

the hedge is set in a stone wall surrounding my property, my property is higher that the fields around it. I don't want to damage the stone wall either.

So how do I control the ivy, I was told to keep the hedge cut which I have done, but so far this has made the ivy problem much worse.

Help me please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

You need to cut the ivy at the base and it will die off and rot away. Unfortunately ivy is a curse to get rid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Follow up with a brushwood killer, such as SBK, painted onto the stumps of the ivy.

Advertisement