Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Time Buyer - New Employment

Options
  • 25-04-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

We are currently sale agreed on our property we purchased in 2014.

Once the house is sold we will have the deposit for the mortgage all fees etc ready to go - Fingers crossed all going to plan!

The only issue we see with getting a mortgage now is that both myself and partner are both only in new full time employment so wondering will this affect the mortgage application the length of time in this employment???

Dont really want to waste money for the year renting but obv will have to if this will be an issue!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I was told you had to be out of the probation period in your new job and generally it's 6 months as they want to see 6 months salary statements from the one employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I was told you had to be out of the probation period in your new job and generally it's 6 months as they want to see 6 months salary statements from the one employer.

If it's a job in the same sector then dine out the banks are willing to take a view. With both of you in the same situation your chances diminish a little, but I'd engage with the banks and ask the question. By the time you find a house or draw down you might be through your probation periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

uberwolf wrote: »
    If it's a job in the same sector then dine out the banks are willing to take a view. With both of you in the same situation your chances diminish a little, but I'd engage with the banks and ask the question. By the time you find a house or draw down you might be through your probation periods.

Some might all right but the ones I went to wouldn't despite moving from a company where there were redundancies to one that was doing a recruitment drive. And they wouldn't process my application for approval in principle until I had finished the 6 months. It's definitely worth a chat with them but be prepared for the reply. Best advice I got from one was have everything ready to go, look at houses to get an idea so that as soon as you have the probationary period up, you can get the approval in principle & start going straight away.

Advertisement