Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An IM on 9 hours a week

Options
  • 25-04-2017 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

An interesting thread here over on ST. I'd imagine it will get a lot more traction over the coming days. 9:27 on 9 hours per week training is very impressive.

Some additional info here and here.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

http://wts.triathlon.org/results/result/2004_zundert_etu_triathlon_european_cup/3710

this might help ....
    10 k pb 31 i guess
    and i beleive raced loads of bike races at pretty high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

peter kern wrote: »
    http://wts.triathlon.org/results/result/2004_zundert_etu_triathlon_european_cup/3710

this might help ....
    10 k pb 31 i guess
    and i beleive raced loads of bike races at pretty high level.

Absolutely Peter. His endurance background plays a huge part. It's still impressive going though to go sub 9:30 off 9 hours a week.

i would say the race execution was very good .
    at the same time this time can be expected by a guy like this with such a pedigree at exeptional fast conditions on the day.
    i guess frodo would have gone approx 7.28 in 2016 roth form and prob a bit faster with starky in the mix.

the more intersting thing is that his pb is 9.02 when he trained like a profesional given his talent thats not a great return of investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

But is this just a case of quality over quantity?
    .......(provided you already have a good base to work with)

Keeks wrote: »
    But is this just a case of quality over quantity?
    .......(provided you already have a good base to work with)

not neccesarily it also showes that you can go fast if you have a high ftp and race a low % ftp on race day.

and it would appear that for this subject this approach works well.
    so its more a case of horses for courses, if there is a case at all. ( the main case in my mind is advertising certain brands though)

• Advertisement
Advertisement