Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IS related phrases scratched into cars in Castleknock

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I grew up in carpenterstown,

The following are not true/misleading:

Ireland's largest swimming pool and water Park - No that's in Blanchardstown

You need to re-read my post where I clearly stated these amenities are on "our doorstep" not necessarily within the village of Castleknock, if you're going to be pedantic you may as well have also stated that the Pheonix Park isn't located in Castleknock either.
    I grew up in carpenterstown,
    countless bars, restaurants and cafes - I mean there's a few I wouldn't exactly call them countless. I know villages or small towns with more pubs

This isn't a contest, I was merely putting forward the argument that if you find living in an area with so many options in the near vicinity boring, it's you who has the problem, not the area. This isn't addressed to you but the earlier poster who stated such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Well what type of a suburb would it be without, as you put it, row after row of estate houses?

I suppose a subterranean one would do the trick. Instead you would have row after row of underground passages with slightly damp blocks lining the sides and the ceiling and a big heavy oak door leading to someone's underground lair spaced out every 5 meters or so.

You could have a common area in the middle with some art installations adjoined to a foodhall and a marketplace. The whole place would be lit up with carbon filament bulbs inside a bakelite fitting dangling from the ceiling with a curly brown wire. But some of the passages would have no light at all unless you grab a torch from the wall and light it. This torch serves the dual purpose of burning up any scorpions and other nasty creatures you might find down these pasages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Might be some local idiots acting the total twat too.

It is 100% guaranteed that this is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Worst terrorists ever!

al-Baghdadi - "So Mahmood how did you fight the infidel in Ireland?"

Mahmood - "I scratched his cars, how many virgins do I get?"

al-Baghdadi - "None!, Pathetic!"

In reality this is probably just a scumbag raiding party from Blanchardstown having what they call a "bit of craic" or as normal people call it vandalism!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yeah I mean we've only got the Pheonix Park, Ireland's largest swimming pool and water Park, countless bars, restaurants and cafes along with a pretty substantial shopping centre and cinema on our doorstop but sure isn't it fierce boring anyway.
    Well apart from the Phoenix Park, Ireland's largest swimming pool and water Park, countless bars, restaurants and cafes along with a pretty substantial shopping centre and cinema on your doorstop, what has Castleknock ever given us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

kbannon wrote: »
    Well apart from the Phoenix Park, Ireland's largest swimming pool and water Park, countless bars, restaurants and cafes along with a pretty substantial shopping centre and cinema on your doorstop, what has Castleknock ever given us?

Colin Farrell and Glenda Gilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

ThisRegard wrote: »
    kbannon wrote: »

Can we give them both back?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

'How many virgins do I get?'
    Mahmood - 'Virgins....in Dublin...ahh lave ith aouth'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Might be some local idiots acting the total twat too.

Probably is some local idiots acting like twats.

• Advertisement

100% guaranteed to be local scummers.

But fcuk me what a low, low thing to do. That'd be megabucks to get fixed up and most people don't have it to spend on fixing such mindless stuff.

If the locals know who it was, they really should band together and have a little bit of a kickaround with the chap. (football i mean of course. Not allowed condone violence on boards).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

ThisRegard wrote: »

Clelia Murphy, Michelle Rocca and Amanda Byram too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

I think your thread title is supposed to be "Are related phrases scratched into cars in Castleknock?"

Advertisement