Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Broadband Connection

Options
  • 25-04-2017 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in a new build estate in Greystones. I have a neighbour 2 doors down who has broadband set up and my next door neighbour on the other side is getting set up tomorrow. Yet I'm being told there are underground cabling works required and am being given a forecast date of the 24th June.

I know for a fact that underground cabling is not required. The guy in the house 2 doors down works in Eir and has confirmed as much. All 3 houses are using the same hatch. Somewhere along the line somebody neglected to update the status on the order or put in the wrong status completely. Since then nobody in Eir has been able to give me anything other than "the engineers have given the forecast date, that's what it will be".

I was just on to Customer Support for the 3rd time about it today and either they hung up while leaving me on hold or I got cut off. Either way I've already spent over an hour trying to get this issue resolved. Can someone please look into this as a matter of urgency.

Thank you,
    John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi molloyjh,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, forecast dates differ depending on what work needs to be done for installation to go ahead.

I understand your neighbours have the service, however, this does not reflect your home as the wiring may be different going into your home or more work is needed.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi molloyjh,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, forecast dates differ depending on what work needs to be done for installation to go ahead.

I understand your neighbours have the service, however, this does not reflect your home as the wiring may be different going into your home or more work is needed.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,

this is a standard new build estate. The same hatch is used for me and my neighbour. This neighbour works in Eir and has confirmed (as have the developers) that all underground cabling is complete. Neighbours on the other side are being set up tomorrow. There is absolutely no reason at all that there would be additional work required for my house than for theirs. None.

That Eir customer service operators refuse to even acknowledge this (and that's what has happened all afternoon to me) is incredibly frustrating. There is a note on the account somewhere (or something similar) that was not updated when the last of the cabling was done. If my next door neighbours can get connected in a standard urban housing estate then so can I.

John.

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise.

I'm afraid if there is more work to be done at your home this would cause a longer forecast date as wiring can be different per individual home.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to escalate this as this is what the technicians have come back with.

-Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise.

I'm afraid if there is more work to be done at your home this would cause a longer forecast date as wiring can be different per individual home.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to escalate this as this is what the technicians have come back with.

-Anna
    Hi Anna,

can you or anyone at all in Eir tell me what this extra work is? I spoke to Customer Support this morning and they said that there is no info on what the extra work is. The hatch is almost directly outside my front door. We've gotten a phone line without any issue and houses on either side of us using the same hatch have been or are being set up without issue. At least if we could get a definitive explanation we might not be so frustrated with this.

Thanks,
    John.

If you would like to PM me your account number and full name I would be more than happy to see if we can get more information on this from the relevant department.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement