Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permit-free parking around Harold's cross?

Options
  • 25-04-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi all,

Moving to a place on Harold's Cross Road for 2 months in 2 weeks time. It's not worth me going through the hassle of getting a permit for the short time I'm there, are there any places nearby that I can park the car permit-free? Or even where I can pay for a space monthly?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Parking in the Newmarket area is free. There are spaces near the donore Avenue end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

con1982 wrote: »
    Parking in the Newmarket area is free. There are spaces near the donore Avenue end.

Miles away. Harold's Cross is pay and display and there's a tough stance taken by the damn clampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

There are some spaces on Mount Argus Road, a little further down the road from the flower sellers, if you're down that end of HX road. As mentioned above, the area is mostly Pay and Display,and with the vehicle pound in the area the clampers are about regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ryanch09 wrote: »
    Moving to a place on Harold's Cross Road for 2 months in 2 weeks time. It's not worth me going through the hassle of getting a permit for the short time I'm there, are there any places nearby that I can park the car permit-free? Or even where I can pay for a space monthly?
    You can get visitor parking permits for about €1.25/day. Section 3 here: http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-parking-dublin-parking-city-residents/buy-parking-permit

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Vorsprung wrote: »
    There are some spaces on Mount Argus Road, a little further down the road from the flower sellers, if you're down that end of HX road. As mentioned above, the area is mostly Pay and Display,and with the vehicle pound in the area the clampers are about regularly.

Yeah that might be manageable, also identified a possible area in Mt Drummond Sq which is a bit closer to where I'll be
    Victor wrote: »
    You can get visitor parking permits for about €1.25/day. Section 3 here: http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-s...parking-permit

I'm not sure if that'd apply to me though, the house is in Harold's Bridge Ct, which is a gated estate, does that come under DCC parking area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Yeah that might be manageable, also identified a possible area in Mt Drummond Sq which is a bit closer to where I'll be

I'm not sure if that'd apply to me though, the house is in Harold's Bridge Ct, which is a gated estate, does that come under DCC parking area?

Most likely it is not under DCC as its a private complex, why too much hassle to get a permit organised within the two weeks for where you are staying?
    Park wrong once and you will get hammered for it, they give clamps out around there like confetti.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Most likely it is not under DCC as its a private complex, why too much hassle to get a permit organised within the two weeks for where you are staying?
    Park wrong once and you will get hammered for it, they give clamps out around there like confetti.

Well AFAIK they don't give out passes for less than a year but I may have to enquire further about that, I'd rather have a backup plan in case I can't sort a permit

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it not possible to get a space there or in one of the adjacent car parks?

If you are that close to the city, do you really need a car? 4 bus routes outside the door.

Victor wrote: »
    Is it not possible to get a space there or in one of the adjacent car parks?

If you are that close to the city, do you really need a car? 4 bus routes outside the door.

I've honestly no idea, I'll have to ask around, as I said, I'm looking at all possible options. I don't work in town, and will be moving further out of the city after the 2 months. So whether I need the car or not is not the point. If I was living there permanently I wouldn't need the car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Not the most ideal thing in the world but an option if you're stuck: park here and walk around to your apartment.. 10 minute walk

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    Not the most ideal thing in the world but an option if you're stuck: park here and walk around to your apartment.. 10 minute walk

Could be good seeing as I'd be heading to work that direction along the canal anyway. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Could be good seeing as I'd be heading to work that direction along the canal anyway. Thanks

So you won't bother getting a permit for your own place, but you are happy to go and leave your car all day / night outside someone else's house :confused:

K.Flyer wrote: »
    So you won't bother getting a permit for your own place, but you are happy to go and leave your car all day / night outside someone else's house :confused:

I've actually contacted the management company about whether its even possible to get a permit for 2 months, as the lad I'm staying with told me it'd be €90 for a year. I'm hardly going to pay for a years permit if I'm only staying there 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

€90 for 2 months is €1.50 a day, cheap enough for peace of mind I would have thought.

Advertisement