Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSLR Sensor Cleaning - Co Laois

• 25-04-2017 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I'm sure this has been asked before, but having searched I can't find anything obvious!

My DSLR Sensor has picked up a big piece of dust that the ultrasonic shake isn't clearing, so it needs a clean. I am in Laois, and confined to public transport. Is there anywhere reasonably local that anyone knows that does this, or is it a trip to Dublin?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

It's easy to clean yourself - just invest in some good cleaning gear:
    • Hurricane blower (use before "wet" cleaning)
    • Quality Swabs
    • Quality Sensor cleaning Fluid
    • and an illuminated Loupe so can see what you are cleaning!
    • Always: Start with a fully charged battery (most cameras won't let you access the sensor cleaning Mode otherwise)
    • Always: use the Correct Sensor cleaning mode from the tools Menu.
    • Never: Use a long exposure of Bulb or T setting - for two reasons. Firstly the shutter could accidentally close on the swab and destroy the shutter. Secondly, the sensor will have a charge going to it which makes it harder to clean.

Load of videos on You Tube on how to do it.

Advertisement