Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite affected areas Balbriggan

Options
  • 25-04-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, just looking for advice. Looking at buying a house in Bremore Pastures balbriggan. Just wondering if these houses are affected by pyrite? If anyone in the specific area knows of any houses affected by pyrite?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The older areas are fine.
    There were houses down around Moyglare affected but some were also fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

What ever you do insist on a green certificate if it's been built in the last 10 to 15 years. This will prove it does not have pyrite either remediated or never had it to start with. In some ways a house that has been remediated with all certs gives a better level of confidence as you are 100% sure the house does not have pyrite. If it's a semi d ensure the neighbours don't have it either. If your on Facebook have a look at the pyrite equality forum. They have a list of all areas would be worth checking their as well

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ashleighc2013

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The older areas are fine.
    There were houses down around Moyglare affected but some were also fixed.

I have heard this too, also Moylaragh seemed to have some problems with Pyrite.

In regards to the Bremore Pastures area, I personally wouldn't recommend it. I have family members that live in that area that have told me some awful stories. The best parts of Balbriggan seem to be the older parts!! Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mario732

Hi, just looking for advice. Looking at buying an appartament in Clonuske Green balbriggan. Just wondering if these appartament are affected by pyrite? If anyone in the specific area knows of any appartaments affected by pyrite?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jeffy17

Being a local I don't believe that was an affected area.
    This website my help in terms of what to look for when buying a house regarding certs etc
    http://pyriteresolution.ie/green-cert/

• Advertisement
Advertisement