Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying rent in cash - where to apply for mortgage?

Options
  • 25-04-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I am planning to buy a house and I am a first-time buyer. My earnings are good, allowing me to borrow more than I want, I save regularly, my disposable income that I would be left with after the monthly mortgage repayments is higher than the banks require (by approx. €300). There is just one problem - the rent I am paying is not traceable as I pay it in cash (and can't change that unfortunately). I withdraw the rent money from ATM on the same day every month and I have a letter from the landlord stating how much rent I am paying.

The rent amount is the same as the mortgage monthly repayments would be, while my monthly savings are about 80% of that amount.

Will any bank accept the letter from landlord or even the rent book as proof of paying the rent?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Not entirely sure they're bothered about rent but a letter/receipts from the LL are perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Not entirely sure they're bothered about rent but a letter/receipts from the LL are perfectly fine.

Once you can show a record of consistent payments you should be fine. I was anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

My friends had to move elsewhere for six months and pay rent by dd before they could get a mortgage. Talk to the banks to be sure, you'll always get mixed experiences on an online forum

Advertisement