Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why coud'nt I lodge a Uk bank of Ireland cheque (in euros) into my new BOI account i

Options
  • 25-04-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Why?
    Hi ballystephen,

Thank you for contacting us here.

Can we ask did you try to lodge this cheque at the counter in your branch or a lodgement machine?

Did the branch advise you they couldn’t lodge this cheque?

Thanks,

Tara C 

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ballystephen

Why?
    Hi ballystephen,

Thank you for contacting us here.

Can we ask did you try to lodge this cheque at the counter in your branch or a lodgement machine?

Did the branch advise you they couldn’t lodge this cheque?

Thanks,

Tara C 
    It was at the counter

They said it would take 5 weeks to go through

Arent BOI ireland and BOI uk part of the same company?

I would expect a more professional service

• Advertisement

I would expect a more professional service
    Hi ballystephen,

This would be the timeframe for foreign cheques to clear on your bank account.

We’re sorry to hear you are unhappy in relation to this.

Can you clarify did the representative at branch advise you that you could not lodge this cheque to your bank account?

Thanks,

Tara C

No she said it would take 5 weeks and would be quicker to wire it instead but 5 weeks?really? I presume its the same company and it was in euros too

No she said it would take 5 weeks and would be quicker to wire it instead but 5 weeks?really? I presume its the same company and it was in euros too
    Hi,

What you were advised at branch is correct. Perhaps you can check with the person who wrote the cheque if the can make a transfer into your account.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement